The participants to the “Effective Purchasing Techniques” Training represented the entire purchasing Department of Mahle Company, with only one exception.
The training was structured during two days. In the first day were discussed communication, negotiation notions, and the best purchasing techniques, and in the second day were discussed stock and purchase order management, cost breakdown, cost saving, and other purchasing specific notions. The exercises and examples represented approximately 70 % of the effective time of training.
The major objectives of the purchasing training were:
– giving a general image of the purchasing process, highlighting the best purchasing practices, the communication and negotiation with the suppliers and intern clients, stock and purchase order management, cost breakdown and cost saving
– improving the negotiation and persuasion abilities
– improving the productivity of purchasing activities
The primary working methods were:
– evaluation of the participants’ expectations and experience
– theoretical presentation
– applications and practical examples
– printed cost breakdown model
– video projections
The interest showed by the participants regarding the information received during the training, as well as their appreciations from the evaluation surveys, underline the efficiency of this training.